The first Grow Your Own event brought us some lovely dishes using our homegrown fresh produce, and it’s time for us to start thinking about September’s event. Grow Your Own #2 goes from September 1 – 27, so if you posted something over the weekend using your own homegrown produce, you can still submit it.
The rules are very simple:
- Make a dish that uses at least one item from your very own garden and post about it. If you don’t have a garden, you can use something that was gifted to you, but the giver must have personally grown the item.
- Anything edible that you have grown qualifies, including fruits, vegetables, herbs, sprouts, edible flowers, nuts, grains, legumes, and anything else I might have forgotten. Different regions will have different types of produce available, so feel free to feature things unique to your area. (Rambutan trees, anyone?) We are all about celebrating variety!
- As a courtesy, please include a link to this announcement in your blog post, and then update later with a link to the round-up.
- Subject line: Grow Your Own #2
- Your name and location (country, state if applicable)
- Your blog URL
- Permalink to your post
- 100×100 pixel photo of your dish (As long as the photo is no larger than 100 pixels in either direction, it will work.)
Last time around I didn’t request the location information, but for an event like this I think it’s useful and interesting to see what is fresh and available from different regions at different times of the year, so please include that information when you submit your entry.
Also, I created the following Technorati tags for the event, so if you want your posts to be found then include these in your meta data: GYO, Grow Your Own.
I’ll post a round-up of all our dishes on October 1, and I can’t wait to see what creative dishes we get this time! Questions? Please ask in the comments![Disclosure: This blog earns a small commission through affiliate links.]