When I originally wrote this recipe, we had two toddlers and one baby. Now that the boys are growing up, we’ve found that we need a larger batch of pancakes for breakfast, so I’ve doubled the ingredients and added a little more eggnog to the original recipe to lighten the pancakes a bit. We think they are even better than before, and we hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Merry Christmas from our family to yours.
[Updated December 24, 2011.]
- 3 cups (420 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-1/4 cups (540 ml) light eggnog
- ~1/4 cup (60 ml) lowfat milk, to thin the batter
- 4 tablespoons (57 g) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in mixing bowl. Add the eggnog, butter, and eggs. Stir until the dry ingredients are coated. Don’t over mix.
- Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mix onto hot, greased griddle. Cook until the top starts to bubble and the sides start to firm. Flip and cook until lightly browned on the bottom.