When I originally wrote this recipe, we had two toddlers and one baby. Now that the boys are growing up, we've found that we need a larger batch of pancakes for breakfast, so I've doubled the ingredients and added a little more eggnog to the original recipe to lighten the pancakes a bit. We think they are even better than before, and we hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Merry Christmas from our family to yours.
[Updated December 24, 2011.]
- mixing bowl
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2¼ cups light eggnog
- ¼ cup low-fat milk (to thin the batter)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in mixing bowl. Add the eggnog, butter, and eggs. Stir until the dry ingredients are coated. Don’t over mix.
- Pour ¼ to ⅓ cup of mix onto hot, greased griddle. Cook until the top starts to bubble and the sides start to firm. Flip and cook until lightly browned on the bottom.