This is a quick and easy granola recipe that doesn’t have a mile-long list of ingredients. The original recipe calls for dried cherries, which is very good, but we usually put in dried blueberries instead. Pour some over yogurt and you have a great breakfast or snack.
[Updated January 27, 2009]
- 4 cups (320 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups (100 g) sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups (150 g) sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups (180 g) dried blueberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C.
- Toss the oats, coconut, almonds, and blueberries together in a large bowl. Pour the vegetable oil and honey over the oat mixture and add the cinnamon. Stir with the silicone spatula or spoon until the mixture is completely coated.
- Pour onto the prepared baking pan. Bake, stirring about every 5 minutes with the spatula, until the mixture turns a nice, even golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Store cooled granola in an airtight container.
large mixing bowl
silicone spatula or spoon
half-sheet baking pan, lightly coated with cooking spray or lined with a silicone mat