Hot and Spicy Crab Dip
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 16 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (I suggest Daisy brand.)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 4 teaspoons Cholula Hot Sauce or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 18 ounces canned lump crab meat, drained and separated
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Place the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350° F/175° C.
Using the hand mixer, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise in the mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, and Cholula, and continue mixing until combined. Stir in the crab meat.
Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish, then sprinkle the grated cheese around the top. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and lightly browned and the crab mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool about 5 to 10 minutes, then serve.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 512mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 233IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg