Strawberry Rhubarb Almond Crumble
Fresh spring rhubarb and strawberries are a perfect match for crumbles. Easy to make gluten free.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 6 servings
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 pound 454 g strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and halved
- 4 rhubarb stems cleaned and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup 37 g raw cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375° F/190° C.
Add the almond meal, brown sugar, and butter to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture starts to clump, about 10 times. Add the oats and pulse a couple more times.
In the medium bowl, toss the strawberries and rhubarb with the cane sugar and vanilla extract. Divide the fruit among the ramekins, then sprinkle the almond crumble on top.
Place the ramekins on the foil-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until the filling is bubbly and the topping is crisp, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes, then serve with ice cream.
You can make the crumble a day ahead and keep it refrigerated until using. Preparation Time includes cooling time after baking.
Make it gluten free with gluten-free oats and gluten-free vanilla.
- food processor
- medium mixing bowl
- 6 (7-ounce) ramekins, buttered
- baking sheet lined with foil