Avocado Egg Salad
Adapted from Cooking Light.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small avocado cut into small chunks, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted salted sunflower seeds
- SERVE WITH
- lettuce for lettuce wraps
- whole-grain or gluten-free bread or pita
- baby arugula or dandelion greens
- tomato slices
Combine 3 tablespoons water, vinegar, and sugar in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until boiling. Add the celery and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain well.
Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup mashed avocado, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring well until smooth.
Peel the eggs and discard the shells. Slice eggs in half lengthwise and reserve 2 yolks for another use. Chop the remaining eggs and egg whites. Gently stir the eggs, celery, and sunflower seeds into the avocado mixture. Fold in the remaining avocado. Serve with lettuce or bread. Stuff the bread sandwiches with baby arugula or dandelion greens and tomato slices.
medium glass bowl
The salad should be eaten the same day it is prepared. For a different flavor, try pickled jalapeños instead of the pickled celery.