This is another dish that is elegant enough to serve guests, yet is easy and quick enough for a weeknight meal. The glaze adds some incredible flavor with the balsamic vinegar, honey, and rosemary. Use slightly less honey with an older, sweeter balsamic vinegar, and slightly more with a younger balsamic vinegar. If you really like the glaze, make some extra so that you can spoon it over Garlic Mashed Potatoes. You can buy a whole loin and slice it into 1-inch medallions, which I do and then freeze the extras, or you can purchase just four pork medallions or smaller pork chops for a small dinner.
I say that this one counts as a kid pleaser because my toddler kept asking for more during Sunday dinner!
Pork Medallions with Balsamic-Honey Glaze
- large nonstick pan
- shallow baking dish
- small mixing bowl
BALSAMIC HONEY GLAZ
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (plus rosemary sprigs for garnish)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin (sliced into 1-inch medallions (or 2 pounds smaller pork chops, trimmed))
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
- GLAZE: In the small bowl, stir together the garlic, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- PORK: Cover the bottom of a medium skillet with a light film of canola oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add the pork slices in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and sear for 1 minute. Turn and sear for 1 more minute, until lightly browned. Transfer the slices in a single layer to the shallow baking dish.
- Pour the glaze over the slices and turn them to coat.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep warm, loosely covered until ready to serve. Spoon the balsamic-honey glaze over the medallions to serve and add more freshly ground black pepper to taste.
[...] Other recipes for Pork Medallions on the blogs: Pork Medallions w/ Cider Sauce by Noble Pig Pork Medallions w/ Balsamic-Honey Glaze by Andrea Meyers Rye-Crusted Pork Medallions by Dishing Up Delights Pork Tenderloin Medallions w/ [...]