Builder Guy took the book on all our trips this summer and made cookies with both of his grandmothers, and these classic gluten-free peanut butter cookies were his favorites. I was so proud of him. He read the recipes out loud and made sure he had all the ingredients, and then did most of the work himself while Grandma supervised. I stood off to the side taking pictures, reveling in the moments, and wishing I had done more cooking with my grandmothers.
[Disclosure: This book is from our personal collection and was not supplied by the publisher or author.]
Peanut Butter Cookies
- stand mixer with paddle attachment, or hand mixer and large bowl
- cookie sheet, lightly greased or lined with parchment
- wire cooling rack
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, combine all the ingredients well.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then drop them onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Press the tines of a fork into each cookie while still soft. Allow to cool on the pan for about 3 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.