I love this retro recipe from my grandmother. She started making this sometime in the 70s, and I was in heaven with this introduction to cheesecake. I’ve been a cheesecake junkie ever since. I prefer baked cheesecake, but I still whip this up when I need a quick fix (like today). I often add some mini chocolate chips to the cream cheese filling just for fun, and I like to serve it with sliced strawberries when they are in season.
Make It Gluten-Free
Substitute a store-bought gluten-free crust or make your own using gluten-free cookies. Also check to make sure the whipped topping is gluten free.
Grandma’s Retro No-Bake Cheesecake
From my Grandma McClure, although I’m quite certain that she got the recipe from a magazine, or off a box of cream cheese, or perhaps from one of the ladies at church.
- stand mixer with paddle attachment
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (or chocolate cookie or gluten-free crust)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (or neufchatel, softened)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping (gluten-free)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- fruit topping of your choice
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and put into bowl of stand mixer. Sprinkle sugar over the top and blend on medium until the sugar is incorporated and the cheese is creamy.
- Add scoops of whipped topping to the bowl and mix on low until all the whipped topping has been added. Continue to mix on low for another 30 second or so. Add the mini chocolate chips at this time, if desired.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared crust and cover. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve, adding the fruit topping as desired.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 359IU | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Share in the comments!