I love this retro recipe from my grandmother. She started making this sometime in the 70s, and I was in heaven with this introduction to cheesecake. I’ve been a cheesecake junkie ever since. I prefer baked cheesecake, but I still whip this up when I need a quick fix (like today). I often add some mini chocolate chips to the cream cheese filling just for fun, and I like to serve it with sliced strawberries when they are in season.
- 1 prepared graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust
- 2 (8 oz) bricks cream cheese or neufchatel, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- fruit topping (can of fruit pie filling or fresh berries)
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and put into bowl of stand mixer. Sprinkle sugar over the top and blend on medium until the sugar is incorporated and the cheese is creamy.
- Add scoops of whipped topping to the bowl and mix on low until all the whipped topping has been added. Continue to mix on low for another 30 second or so. Add the mini chocolate chips at this time, if desired.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared crust and cover. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve, adding the fruit topping as desired.
stand mixer with paddle attachment
Prep Time does not include overnight refrigeration time.
[Disclosure: This blog earns a small commission through affiliate links.]