This crustless quiche recipe from Aunt Joey is tasty and easy, and a great way to use leftover ham. There are plenty of variations and our favorite is with Sauteed Spinach. Making this gluten-free is easy since there is no crust, just make sure your cottage cheese and ham are gluten-free.
- The recipe is for a 9-inch pie plate. If you use a quiche pan, increase the ingredients by half.
- Sauteed Spinach: Use leftover Sauteed Spinach for the bottom layer, then top with chopped ham and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- Spinach: Layer one 10 oz box frozen spinach (thawed and drained) or any other frozen green vegetable in bottom of pan. Mix eggs, cheese, and cottage cheese and pour over vegetables.
- Seafood: Substitute ¾ cup chopped seafood of choice for ham.
- Add other vegetables, such as cooked broccoli, onions, or roasted red peppers. You can even use jalapeño peppers for a little spice.
[Updated July 2014.]
- 9-inch pie plate, lightly coated with cooking spray
- small mixing bowl
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F/190° C.
- Spread ham on bottom of the prepared pie plate and sprinkle with ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix eggs, cottage cheese, green onions, parsley, black pepper, and sea salt. Pour over the ham and cheese and sprinkle on the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then serve.