This crustless quiche recipe from Aunt Joey is tasty and easy, and a great way to use leftover ham. There are plenty of variations and our favorite is with sautéed spinach. Making this gluten-free is easy since there is no crust, just make sure your cottage cheese and ham are gluten-free.
- The recipe is for a 9-inch pie plate. If you use a quiche pan, increase the ingredients by half.
- Sautéed Spinach: Use leftover sautéed spinach for the bottom layer, then top with chopped ham and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- Spinach: Layer one 10-ounce box frozen spinach (thawed and drained) or any other frozen green vegetable in bottom of pan. Mix eggs, cheese, and cottage cheese and pour over vegetables.
- Seafood: Substitute ¾ cup chopped seafood of choice for ham.
- Add other vegetables, such as cooked broccoli, onions, or roasted red peppers. You can even use jalapeño peppers for a little spice.
[Updated July 2014.]
Adapted from Aunt Joey.
- 9-inch pie plate, lightly coated with cooking spray
- small mixing bowl
- 8 ounces cooked ham (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F/190° C.
- Spread ham on bottom of the prepared pie plate and sprinkle with ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix eggs, cottage cheese, green onions, parsley, black pepper, and sea salt. Pour over the ham and cheese and sprinkle on the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then serve.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 488IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Share in the comments!
Thanks Andrea, awesome quiche - eating it now!! 🙂
Made this tonight for dinner. It was super easy and gluten free for my family! I added broccoli and a little onion, and 1 extra egg. It had a great taste and I'll definitely make it again! Thanks!!!
I love this quiche so much!! I made it for the women I work with for a potluck lunch, and this quiche was the most popular dish there!! The only thing I did differently is that I used half fat free and half light cheese, and I used fat free cottage cheese. I also made mine with sauteed red peppers and onions. It was so good, no one could tell I didn't use full fat ingredients!! Thank you so much for this recipe!!
Thanks Denise, I'm so glad you enjoyed the quiche. 🙂