Use this to frost Carrot Cake, cupcakes, or anything else that sounds good! For a two-layer carrot cake, I’ve started making another half batch of this to give the cake that thick frosting/cake shop look.
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth, and then blend in the vanilla. On low speed, gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, until the frosting is smooth, about 2 minutes.
stand mixer with paddle attachment
[Disclosure: This blog earns a small commission through affiliate links.]