Use this to frost carrot cake, cupcakes, or anything else that sounds good! For a two-layer carrot cake, I've started making another half batch of this to give the cake that thick frosting/cake shop look.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- stand mixer with paddle attachment
- 8 ounces light cream cheese (softened)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces confectioners sugar (sifted)
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth, and then blend in the vanilla. On low speed, gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, until the frosting is smooth, about 2 minutes.