This is a classic broccoli raisin salad that goes great with any summer cookout. Because it uses a mayonnaise-based dressing, make sure you keep it chilled.
[Updated: July 2, 2012.]
Broccoli Raisin Salad
- 2 cups gluten-free light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large Vidalia onion grated or finely chopped
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 pounds broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked gluten-free bacon
- 1/2 cup sunflowers seeds
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, grated onion, and raisins in the small bowl. Toss with the broccoli and bacon in the large bowl until all the broccoli is coated. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Sprinkle on the sunflower seeds when ready to serve.