This weekend we’re leaving for our annual vacation to the family camp in the Adirondacks. We’ll enjoy a week of fishing, hiking, and playing at the lake, as well as some good family cooking by Michael’s mom. She fixes these for us every year when we visit and it’s rare to have any left after breakfast, especially with my boys there!
[Updated: October 4, 2008]
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (118 mil) lowfat or skim milk
- 1/4 cup (59 mil) canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups (180 g) unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (44 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed and well-drained
- cinnamon and sugar mix
- Preheat oven to 400° F/200° C.
- In the large mixing bowl, beat the egg and stir in the milk and oil.
- In the medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add to egg mixture and stir just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Do not overmix. Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Use the scoop to fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mix. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.
large mixing bowl
12 cup muffin tin, lightly coated with nonstick spray
For larger bakery style muffins, fill only 8 muffin cups.
[Disclosure: This blog earns a small commission through affiliate links.]