A couple years ago I spotted seeds from Renee’s Garden in a local nursery. I was drawn to the herbs, particularly the slow-bolt cilantro, a variety that holds its leaves longer when the heat of summer sets in. As I’ve tried more of their seeds—haricot verts, dwarf cucumbers, Thai Queenette basil—I’ve been very pleased with their performance in the garden. This year I plan to try their Cinderella pumpkins, Easter egg radishes, Super Bush tomatoes, and padron peppers, and probably a few others that have caught my eye.
The seed performance is important, but it’s only part of why we like Renee’s Garden. Owner Renee Shepherd has been a leader in sustainable organic gardening for over 25 years and her company does not sell chemically treated or GMO seeds. Shepherd has contributed to a number of publications and speaks at national and regional garden shows and conferences, and her company donates seeds to educational programs and organizations around the world. They also offer a fundraiser program for schools and non-profits. In 2010 they began offering a new line of seeds, Cornucopia Seeds, which are value-priced packets of the same high quality seeds.
Renee’s Garden has become one of our favorite companies, and we would like to share a little of the Renee’s Garden love with you. We’re offering $25.00 gift certificates from Renee’s Garden to two lucky readers, which will help you purchase seeds to get your garden started. And if you are growing your own food (or farming, hunting, foraging), we hope you will join us for Grow Your Own! To enter the giveaway, please leave a comment below telling us what you want to plant in your garden. Any kind of garden is fine, whether indoor, outdoor, containers, hydroponic, etc.
- Renee’s Garden only ships to the 50 United States and Canada. Apologies to my readers in other countries.
- You must leave a correct email address in the email field so I can contact you if you win. Please don’t put your email address in the comment field unless you want a bunch of spammers to find you.
- You can earn extra entries by sharing this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter. Please leave a comment for each Facebook post or tweet.
- The giveaway closes at 8:00 pm EST on Friday April 8, 2011. Random.org will select the winners and I will contact both winners immediately. Each winner must respond with 48 hours and provide a mailing address for shipping purposes. If a winner does not respond within that timeframe another winner will be selected.
- I will announce the winners in this post once it’s official.
Thanks for reading and have fun planning your gardens!
[DISCLOSURE: This giveaway is not sponsored by Renee’s Garden or affiliated with Renee’s Garden in any way.]
UPDATE: Congratulations to Erika and Natalie (the Sweets Life), winners of the Renee’s Garden gift certificates!