A holiday celebration without hot mulled drinks is just incomplete to me. The fragrance is almost irresistible and just seems to make the holidays even more special. I like this version with a splash of spiced rum, but you can leave out the alcohol and still have a tasty mug of holiday cheer.
Make sure to check out the video I made for Betty Crocker featuring this cocktail!
[Updated December 2013.]
- 2 quarts (1.89 liters) apple cider
- 1-1/2 quarts (1.42 liters) cranberry juice (not cocktail, no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup (28 g) packed brown sugar
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- spiced rum or cinnamon schnapps
- Combine all the ingredients in the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the fruit slices and spices. Garnish with two or three fresh slices of orange.
- Pour into stemmed mugs and add a shot of spiced rum or cinnamon schnapps. Serve hot.
6 quart pot
[An original post from Andrea Meyers: making life delicious. All images and text copyrighted, All Rights Reserved.]
[Disclosure: This blog earns a few cents on items purchased through the Amazon.com links in posts.]