This crustless quiche recipe from Aunt Joey is tasty and easy, and a great way to use leftover ham. There are plenty of variations and our favorite is with Sauteed Spinach. Making this gluten-free is easy since there is no crust, just make sure your cottage cheese and ham are gluten-free.
The recipe is for a 9-inch pie plate. If you use a quiche pan, increase the ingredients by half.
[Updated July 2014.]
- 8 ounces (227 g) cooked ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup (113 g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces (227 g) cottage cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F/190° C.
- Spread ham on bottom of the prepared pie plate and sprinkle with 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix eggs, cottage cheese, green onions, parsley, black pepper, and sea salt. Pour over the ham and cheese and sprinkle on the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then serve.
9-inch pie plate, lightly coated with cooking spray
small mixing bowl
Sauteed Spinach: Use leftover Sauteed Spinach for the bottom layer, then top with chopped ham and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Spinach: Layer one 10 oz box frozen spinach (thawed and drained) or any other frozen green vegetable in bottom of pan. Mix eggs, cheese, and cottage cheese and pour over vegetables.
Seafood: Substitute 3/4 cup chopped seafood of choice for ham.
Add other vegetables, such as cooked broccoli, onions, or roasted red peppers. You can even use jalapeño peppers for a little spice.