This is a classic salad that goes great with any summer cookout. Because it uses a mayonnaise-based dressing, make sure you keep it chilled.
[Updated: July 2, 2012.]
- 2 cups light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large Vidalia onion, grated or finely chopped
- 2 cups raisins
- 3 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup sunflowers seeds
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, grated onion, and raisins in the small bowl. Toss with the broccoli and bacon in the large bowl until all the broccoli is coated. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Sprinkle on the sunflower seeds when ready to serve.
large plastic bowl with a lid
small mixing bowl
Preparation Time does not include overnight time in the refrigerator.
[An original post from Andrea Meyers: making life delicious. All images and text copyrighted, All Rights Reserved.]
[Disclosure: This blog earns a few cents on items purchased through the Amazon.com links in posts.]